Friday, June 1, 2012

Tidal Goodbyes

The sky is boasting its solid blues, while the sun sits in the middle of her as a light yellow layer of pollen swims through the breeze creating a unique blanket in the sky. It seems to be that time of year again in the mountains in which I live. The wind rolls through this town bringing life to the mountains as the trees give life to new seedlings. The heat in this town is a refreshing change of pace from the bitter winters which envelops this land. It seems though that the tides are beginning to change. They are rising fast and bringing change with them whether I am ready for them or not.

It seems to be a season of want for everyone I am around including myself. People have their goals and their own aspirations for what they want out of life. How can I not be in the same boat? We travel and we share our dreams of our perfect lives. How great it would be to share that with someone. The simplicity of our lifestyle is so attractive to keep pursuing, but how long can one thought process really last? Is it realistic to not search for more in your life? This thought haunts me as time passes by. I come to a new realization almost everyday about what I believe and where I should be going. I need to find some kind of constant which I can rely upon as much as it relies on me. What that looks like I don't know but I know that some kind of rapid change is in store.

For some reason my heart is racing in this town. It has begun to feel a little unsettling as the face of this town is changing. Saying goodbye to people I love has become a constant. Whether they are moving across the country or the definition of friendships has changed. It seems to be an uphill battle to keep things the same. So one is forced to just let go and get swept away with the current. I am washed away as those I love find security in the sandy shores of this river. I have no bearing for the end but I am floating down it none the less. I am happy that all of them have found their feet upon those constant shores. I smile with tears of goodbyes in my eyes.

The blackness that now covers this town is radiating with a glowing moon which is set off by a shower of glistening stars. The air is silent as it sits with us on the porch giving off a cool evening. The tops of the trees are alive with light washing all over them. They tower over the rooftops sheltering us from the dust which desperately wants to sink into our skin as we grow older. Let's stay innocent in our youth so that we never have to learn to say goodbye.        

1 comment: